Post mortem examinations
- Independent forensic post mortem examinations conducted by expert forensic pathologists ('Home Office Pathologists') relating to Criminal, Civil, and Coroners proceedings
- Independent clinical post mortem examinations 'consented' by families
- Independent pathological investigation of hospital deaths, including those following medical intervention, and alleged clinical negligence, or neglect
Interpretation of injury
- Independent review of forensic pathology reports for proceedings in Criminal, Civil, or Coroners courts
- Expert forensic medical opinion regarding the interpretation of injury in the living and the dead
- Injury illustration for court presentation by a forensic medical photographer/ illustrator
The Wales Institute of Forensic Medicine (WIFM) was founded by Professor Bernard Knight CBE in 1989, is based at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, and forms part of Cardiff University.
Read more about the Institute here.